1) Merry Christmas, to them what celebrate.
2) Saw "The Hobbit" this evening (perfect time! Bearded man and a passel of flying dwarves; Bombur sort of has a red glowy nose I guess). Review is pretty much what everyone else has already said. My first 3D experience; managed to put it off this long but no longer; only moderately impressed but I suppose they said that about the phonograph too. And, no surprise, my irredeemable crush on Martin Freeman continues such. (And on Ian Holm, for the record, a long-time one that. I suppose I have a Bilbo-type Thing. It was early-nurtured, what can I say.)
3) Last night saw/heard lovely lovely concert by Chanticleer (in one of those churches that looks like it had a gold explosion at some point, or a dragony miscalculation (actually the theatre tonight was like that too, old movie palace in Oakland, all drapes and faux malachite and gold leaf)). So, so gorgeous: plainchant procession in the dark with candles all the way through to spirituals and "Silent Night" at the end. My very favorite (after the mesmerizing opening) was a Franz Biebl "Ave Maria" so absolutely sweet and longing and yet with sufficient odd harmonies to remain the right side of schmaltz, but no matter what those guys sing it is beautiful. *sigh*
4) I decided, perhaps in my own dragony miscalculation, to throw up the songfic meme pieces on AO3; they won't get a lot of hits I'm sure, but oh, what the heck, I think they've turned out well, and I need to balance all the long seriously-nurtured things a bit (will add the final two when I get them written). ETA: decided not to do this after all; took them down. Still available here, of course.
And I am generally, unspecifically happy with fannish attention at the moment. I'll do a year in review thingy when it is actually the next year (and possibly I'll be done with the "Sparrow" sequel by then, but no guarantees. Haven't actually had much writing time on this trip).
5) Knee is functional. I have not done my share of the shopping and it didn't care for the steep SF hill we had to get down for dinner last night, but I can walk, so that is good.
ETA: 6) I have another cold. Damn immune system doesn't like this lack of exercise. But hey, Merry Christmas *she says more firmly*!
Best wishes to all and to all a good night.